We appreciate your efforts to make your Zoom meeting content more accessible through the use of live captioning. If you have any type of Zoom account, it includes live automated transcription as long as the host has closed captions enabled. Here are detailed instructions on how to configure and use the live transcript feature:
1. Log in to your Zoom account through the Web Portal (NOT your local Zoom App).
2. Go to Settings, choose Meeting, and scroll down until you see “Closed captioning”.
3. If you have not enabled it, please activate the toggle button.
4. When you start hosting a new meeting, you should be able to see a new button called Live Transcript in the Zoom Control Panel at the bottom of the screen.
5. When you click the Live Transcript button, you will be able to see the following closed caption options: “Assign someone to type,” “Use a 3rd party CC service,” and “Live Transcript.”
6. Click the “Enable Auto-Transcription” button to turn on Live Transcript, and the live closed captions will be visible to meeting guests automatically.
7. To view the full transcript during a Zoom meeting, click the small arrow at the top right corner of the Live Transcript button on the lower toolbar. The full transcript allows you to see who said what in the dialog. You can also download the transcript by clicking the Save Transcript button in the transcript.
8. If you want to modify the closed caption display font size, you could click the Subtitle Settings button.
Please help to distribute this post to make Zoom meetings more accessible! :)
If you have any feedback or questions, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.